The CCW class is a mixture of both classroom discussion and practical application.
Students will lean:
- Safety rules
- Common mistakes people make
- Handgun types and functions, strengths and weaknesses
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Drawing and recovering to the holster
- Shooting on the move & target-focused shooting
- California Law as it relates to possession, transport, and carriage
- Places where firearms are prohibited
- Traveling with handguns
- Responsibilities when armed
- Methods for de-escalating confrontations
Estimated length of course: Variable
- Over the age of 18
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- No felony convictions
- You must have written approval from the Sheriff’s office to receive a CCW and take this course.
You will need to bring:
- Government issued ID
- Firearm (if previously a CCW holder)
- CCW permit (if current carrier)
SOTC does NOT offer refunds on purchased classes. No exceptions.