This course is designed to provide students with fundamental skills to recognize and treat medical emergencies.
Students will learn:
- Scene safety & situational awareness
- How to identify and respond to emergencies related to diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and seizures
- Handling & minimizing spinal damage due to head or back trauma
- CPR confidence and fundamentals for adults, children, and infants
- Recognizing obstructed airways and how to clear blockages
- AED basics – when, why, and how
Successful graduates of this class will receive a CPR card within 6 weeks.
Estimated length of course: About 6 hours of classroom training
- Students must be a minimum of 14 years old to take this course. All minors must be accompanied by a paid adult.
- Please dress comfortably. CPR skills are practiced on the floor.
You will need to bring:
- Government issued ID
SOTC does NOT offer refunds on purchased classes. No exceptions.